Folders won't open in Mandrake 9 KDE

Post by Is This Alias Take » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 05:11:05

No folder can be opened up from desktop--not even trash or cdrom
folder--after I click on the folder taskbar button apepars and I can see
the hourglass spinning around but after a while it disappears. However when
I open the Home folder from desktop and try openning folders inside of it
everything works just fine. Any suggestions are welcome.
--
Is This Alias Taken
10:03pm up 22 min, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.02, 0.03

Folders won't open in Mandrake 9 KDE

Post by cfswester » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 05:29:44

Quote:> No folder can be opened up from desktop--not even trash or cdrom
> folder--after I click on the folder taskbar button apepars and I can see
> the hourglass spinning around but after a while it disappears. However when
> I open the Home folder from desktop and try openning folders inside of it
> everything works just fine. Any suggestions are welcome.

Stop trolling?

Folders won't open in Mandrake 9 KDE

Post by Is This Alias Take » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 06:17:59

wtf r you talking about . I am having real problem and need a solution. I'm
typing this from linux mdk 9.

--
Is This Alias Taken
11:17pm up 1:36, 1 user, load average: 0.05, 0.01, 0.00

Post by Sinister Midge » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:15:52

Quote:> No folder can be opened up from desktop--not even trash or cdrom
> folder--after I click on the folder taskbar button apepars and I can see
> the hourglass spinning around but after a while it disappears. However when
> I open the Home folder from desktop and try openning folders inside of it
> everything works just fine. Any suggestions are welcome.

Try deleting (or renaming if you have stuff in there you need to keep)
$HOME/.kde to something else. Log out before doing so. If you're
logging in graphically, have root do it (mv ~<user>/.kde ~<user>/kde
will do it). See if that fixes it.

--
I use Linux because I've used Windows.

Post by Peter Haye » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:05:46

Quote:> No folder can be opened up from desktop--not even trash or cdrom
> folder--after I click on the folder taskbar button apepars and I can see
> the hourglass spinning around but after a while it disappears. However when
> I open the Home folder from desktop and try openning folders inside of it
> everything works just fine. Any suggestions are welcome.

Mandrake 9's automounter is broken.

--

Peter

Remove NOSPAM. to e-mail

1. KDE/GNOME ICONS WON'T GO AWAY IN MANDRAKE

I'm trying to gid rid of the icons that are installed with KDE and
GNOME in Mandrake 6.0.  Simply deleting the icons does little, as they
are recreated on startup of X.  I have looked at startx, .xinitrc,
.Xclients, .Xclients-default, .Xdefaults, .kderc, .kde/, and .gnome/.
I can not find where Mandrake is generating these icons.  They are the
same for KDE or for GNOME/Enlightenment window managers, so it should
have something to do with startx.  I even tried a strace on startx to
see what files are called.  This didn't help much.

Any help here is welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan T. Rhea

2. Broadband speeds - Linux vs Windoze

3. kde v3.1 runs fine, but won't open Help files

4. Can "newgrp to group with password" affect running jobs ?

5. mount when folder opens, umount when folder closes.

7. KDE slow opening big folders

8. extensive probes on port 111

9. X won't start: can't open default font 'fixed'

10. Samba question, can't open the folders

11. KDE 1.1.1 and RH5.2, KDE won't start

12. Installed KDE from source, KDE won't start

13. kmail won't compact mail folders