Jounalist in need of help

Post by brian kimbal » Mon, 05 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Hello, I am a computer and technology reporter for the largest daily
> newspaper in Israel, Yediot Achronot.

Cool.

Quote:> 1. I am looking
> for interesting visuals/images to accompany the story, for example:
> -pictures of Linus Torvalds -screen shot of the opening screen of Linux
> or other interesting screens -anything else anyone can come up with

http://www.enlightenment.org/screenshots/ has some nice screen shots

As far as pictures of Linus goes, try the LDP for links to sites with
pictures: http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/ (perhaps Linus has a favorite--

Quote:> 2.
> Does anybody out there know if Linux has Hebrew support, such as Windows
> 95, or will there be anything soon?

I have no idea.

Quote:> 3. Does anybody know of Linux
> activity in Israel or by Israelis? I know there is, but I can't seem to
> locate them.

I have no idea.

> 4. Anything interesting, such as anecdotes, or latest
> developments anyone can tell me about Linux OS will be welcome. Thanks,

Hmm.  Check this out: ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/linuxcookie.data

--
http://www.pobox.com/~oryx/

Jounalist in need of help

Post by Hugh McCur » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

> Hello, I am a computer and technology reporter for the largest daily
> newspaper in Israel, Yediot Achronot. I am working on a story about
> Linux, and am in need of some assistance. If anyone can help with one or
> more of the following matters, I will be very grateful: 1. I am looking
> for interesting visuals/images to accompany the story, for example:
> -pictures of Linus Torvalds -screen shot of the opening screen of Linux
> or other interesting screens -anything else anyone can come up with 2.
> Does anybody out there know if Linux has Hebrew support, such as Windows
> 95, or will there be anything soon? 3. Does anybody know of Linux
> activity in Israel or by Israelis? I know there is, but I can't seem to
> locate them. 4. Anything interesting, such as anecdotes, or latest
> developments anyone can tell me about Linux OS will be welcome. Thanks,

Start at
http://www.ssc.com/linux/

and you should find plenty of interesting links.

For instance, I found a link to the Hebrew Howto
http://www.linuxresources.com/LDP/HOWTO/Hebrew-HOWTO-1.html

Since this document is dated September 1995, I'd say it certainly beat
Windows 95 to the punch.

--
Hugh McCurdy

Jounalist in need of help

Post by Ben Sandle » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Also, take a look at http://www.linux.org.il - home of the Israeli Linux Users
Group.

- Ben

--
- Ben
Ben Sandler     Dorm: 426 Rubin, 740-0785

webpage: http://www.yucs.org/~ben/

I've setup a FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE box to connect a network to the internet
with natd and ipfw firewall.
I've also setup the FreeBSD box to let teleworkers log in with FTP and
telnet.

Now I would like to log FTP and telnet Log-in's from teleworkers who connect
to the machine from the internet.
I woul like to see the time and IP numer from which users Log-in.

I have looked at the /var/log/messages file but this only shows SU Login's.

All help is greatly appriciated!

Luke

2. serial printing

3. Need Help on setting up getty for dial-ins

4. Problems with Share: RPC:Program not registered

5. Netscape helpers and plug-ins, also java help

6. Ports from behind a proxy/firewall

7. HELP WITH DIAL INS

8. home_directory

9. New HOWTO....HOWTO-Hose-RedHat-Installation (help!)

10. Need help getting connected, bootp help needed

11. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

12. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet

13. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4