Linux World Expo

Post by kyi » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:02:32

Ok it's all set. I'm going to LWE on August 14th. Hope to see some of you
there ;-) An if I can I'll take a lot of pictures to post so that everyone
that cannot go will get a peek at what they missed.

I also wanted to mention that if anyone is playing around with 802.11b
links. That my friend & I have setup a (almost) 5 mile link across our town
here in centrel california. The idea came from a /. article at first. We
made a 'cantenna' at first and it worked great, almost a mile. Then I
modified a old prime star dish to mount the 'cantenna' to, that resulted in
a 28-31db gain antenna that really kicks ass. I also butchered my wap11 so
that it would be weather proof. If you remove the guts from a wap11 the
hardwre will fit into a 1.5"x3"x5" radio shack project box. Seal that up
and attach it to a high gain antenna mounted to a 48' pole and you've got
your self a long distance high speed wifi link. If anyone is interested in
a step-by-step web site with pictures I can make one later on tonight, for
now here is a fe shots of the 'cantenna' before mounting it to the prime
star dish.

http://kyi.sytes.net/gallery/cantenna/

IF you have a Ipaq or Zaraus here is some backgrounds for you as well.

http://kyi.sytes.net/screenshots/ipaq-images/

- kyi

1. Linux World Expo San Jose: Room-sharing ...

Hi,

i'll be in San Jose for the Linux World Expo from 28/02/99 - 04/03/99.
Flying to the US from Germany is expensive enough, so i am interested
in sharing a double-room in a [h|m]otel somewhere in the SJ area.

I am male, 32, married with one son.

--

        -kk-          http://www.kettner.nu

2. PD Korn Shell?

3. ANNOUNCEMENT: LINUX WORLD EXPO is back

4. netscape server for SUN

5. inux World Expo Day 3 - America's Army being ported to Linux.

6. Need Boot Up Help (2OS)

7. EMail World & Internet Expo - New Program! hyhqm0d

8. PC104 with EMM-8232-XT

9. HP World 2003 Solutions and Technology Conference and Expo

10. Free Expo Passes and More for ClusterWorld Conference & Expo

11. NCSU LUG Linux Expo

12. Linux Expo

13. NYC Linux Meeting at Unix Expo - Tuesday Oct4