A debate Issue... One last word

Post by Leo Cambilargi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

"Make a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will use it."
Murphy's Law.

Leo Cambilargiu

A debate Issue... One last word

Post by DeAnn Iw » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:38:46 +1000, Leo Cambilargiu

>"Make a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will use it."
>Murphy's Law.

>Leo Cambilargiu

        Actually Capt. Murphy said something more like "If a valve can
be installed backwards, it will be."  :-)

1. One last line - one last time

Thanks to all for the guidance, and I am one line away from success.

sed "$1"d myfile.txt > /tmp/myfile.txt

If I echo $1 I receive the correct parameter for example /4/

if I use
sed 4d myfile.txt > /tmp/myfile.txt  'removes line 4

What is the correct syntax? In debug mode I get the error

sed ''\''9'\''d' myfile
sed: -e expression #1, char 1: unknown command:`''

It has to be in the way the argument is getting passed to sed right?

Todd

2. CTX Monitor...

3. The great word-processor debate

4. UNIX FAQ

5. The Word Processor Debate

6. pca200e driver hacking - need help

7. convert first last to F.I. last

8. SYN flood messages under Red Hat 4.2

9. A debate Issue...

10. How to find the first readable word in one line

11. Lines selection where the first character equals the last one

12. one argument to end the whole linux vs. windows debate

13. Last words of kpanel