A financial program

Post by James Youngma » Sat, 09 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> The main reason I keep Microsoft Windows on my machine now
> is for Microsoft Money. I use it to pay the bills on line, keep
> track of household finances, and so forth. (It was preloaded
> on my hard drive when I bought the machine.)
>   For almost everything else (internet, graphics, document preparation,
> etc.), I use Linux.
>   If there were a comparable program for Linux, I could wipe out
> my MS drive and allocate the disk space to Linux.
>   Has any one heard of any major financial packages that are under
> development for linux?

"cbb", the chequebook balancer?

A financial program

Post by David Buba » Sat, 09 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> The main reason I keep Microsoft Windows on my machine now
> is for Microsoft Money. I use it to pay the bills on line, keep
> track of household finances, and so forth. (It was preloaded
> on my hard drive when I bought the machine.)
>   For almost everything else (internet, graphics, document preparation,
> etc.), I use Linux.
>   If there were a comparable program for Linux, I could wipe out
> my MS drive and allocate the disk space to Linux.
>   Has any one heard of any major financial packages that are under
> development for linux?

check out Check Book Balancer

http://www.me.umn.edu/home/clolson/cbb/cbb.html

A VERY good Quicken Like can even import Quicken files.

A financial program

Post by Len Budne » Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:00:00

[snip]
> >   Has any one heard of any major financial packages that are under
> > development for linux?

> "cbb", the chequebook balancer?

How about Quicken running under Wine?  I got Quicken at Wal-Mart for
20 bucks, less a 5 dollar rebate.  Wine is doing well--Quicken both
installed and ran beautifully.

Len.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=
Len Budney Ph.D.   | Every program can be reduced by one instruction,
Daxus Corporation  | and contains at least one bug.
(412)-577-4156     | By induction, every program can be reduced

A financial program

Post by Tom Eva » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

>> The main reason I keep Microsoft Windows on my machine now
>> is for Microsoft Money. I use it to pay the bills on line, keep
>> track of household finances, and so forth. (It was preloaded
>> on my hard drive when I bought the machine.)
> check out Check Book Balancer

Or run it in wine, I've run MS works, and Quicken in Wine.
regards, Tom

A financial program

Post by David Buba » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> >> The main reason I keep Microsoft Windows on my machine now
> >> is for Microsoft Money. I use it to pay the bills on line, keep
> >> track of household finances, and so forth. (It was preloaded
> >> on my hard drive when I bought the machine.)
> > check out Check Book Balancer
> Or run it in wine, I've run MS works, and Quicken in Wine.
> regards, Tom

Check Book Balancer on the Web:

http://www.me.umn.edu/home/clolson/cbb/cbb.html

1. Financial Programs for ALpha

Greetings,

I have an alphastation running RH Linux 5.2. I have installed applixware
on the alphastation. IS it too much to expect to find things like Intuit
or other financial programs on Alpha Linux... applixware does have a
spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance,

J.C. Magras

2. stopping a script

3. Financial program for Linux

4. nfs locks autofs (unlocked by exportfs -r)

5. Checking/financial program for Linux?

6. why will you irritate the lost noisy sauces before Ismat does

7. gnucash or other financial programs

8. App or daemon to kill/logoff idle users and processes?

9. Financial Cryptography 1997 Preliminary Program

10. Analysis (mathematical/financial) for Linux?

11. Good Financial News From Sun

12. Financial Packages ??

13. Why Linux Made Inroads At Financial Institutions