Flatfish denies being juke_joint Re: What is this Flatfish thing?

Flatfish denies being juke_joint Re: What is this Flatfish thing?

Post by Terry Port » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:48:31

Quote:>I don't get it?

***
Some background on the Wintroll Flatfish, otherwise known as:-

"Steve,Mike,Heather,Simon,teknite,keymaster,keys88,Sewer Rat,
S,Sponge,Sarek,piddy,McSwain,pickle_pete,Ishmeal_hafizi,Amy,

Charlie: You've been telling people for months now that Linux is
a piece of shit and won't even install on your machine.
Flatty: You have me mixed up with someone else.
I haven't had a problem installing Linux on a machine since
RedHat 5.0. Installing Linux in most cases is a breeze.

Yttrx: And you too, flatfish.  Why are you even attempting to use linux?
Flatty: To prove that you zealots are out of your minds.

Yttrx: Did you do any actual *thinking*?
Flatty: Why? The authors said it works. It doesn't.
Just like Linux in general.

Flatty: So I say Mandrake stinks (and it does) and I get yelled at.
So then I say Mandrake is great (it isn't) and I get yelled at.
Vface: Shame on me not to have forseen this was just a Linux
demolition enterprise. My god, Terry Porter was right!
***

--
Kind Regards from Terry
My Desktop is powered by GNU/Linux.

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. Linux-MIPS problem caused by forcing interrupt vector location to 0x91xx0200 instead of 0x80000200

3. fsck - sectors could not be read

4. What is this Flatfish thing?

5. several servers

7. Installing Emacs