(another) entertaining InfoWorld article about Windows 95 crashes

(another) entertaining InfoWorld article about Windows 95 crashes

Post by ekoo.. » Wed, 07 May 1997 04:00:00

http://www.infoworld.com/cgi-bin/displayNew.pl?/livingst/livingst.htm

Bob Livingston talks about the sundry ways people cope with
Windows 95 crashes :
------
exerpt :

I was startled by the number of people who periodically reinstall
Windows
        and their applications after backing up their documents and then
        formatting their C: drives. I've heard of individuals doing
this, but I didn't
        realize how many corporations routinely perform this procedure
for all
        users. One IS manager does it every 95 days. (So that's what the
95 stands
        for ... .)

1. The 7% solution (was Re: Crash and Burn: Windows 95)

(Stuff removed)

BTW Powerpoint does not seem to run under WIN95's BETA.

I have a couple of friends who are running the Win95 beta, and the word
that I have gotten on PowerPoint is that it works but has noticable
problems.  Certainly not the level of problems that I have heard about
Novell's PerfectOffice suite.  (Kind of humorous considering that
PerfectOffice was just starting to make some inroads versus MS Office.)

Bill Flusek
MCI Communications

2. 2 problems with talk

3. Crash and Burn: Windows 95

4. Internet problem (newbie)

5. Windows 95 - Ya it crashes, but I will take it over O Shit/2

6. No good AV software for Linux!

7. "Only programs crash Windows 95"

8. Attack of the killer kscd players

9. X-window software for Windows/Windows 95

11. WINDOWS 95 A FLOP! GET HAMILTON 95!!!

12. Running OSE 5.0 and Windows 95 (How To Print To Local Win 95 Printer)