IBMs AIX license expires midnight US time, smh.COM.au

IBMs AIX license expires midnight US time, smh.COM.au

Post by Daero » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:43:33

http://tinyurl.com/e9cz
IBM reiterates support for Linux, AIX
Sam Varghese,  June 13 2003

IBM remains steadfast in its support for Linux and sees growing evidence
that the market agrees, a company spokesman in Australia said today.

Though the SCO Group's has said it intends to withdraw IBM's AIX licence
by midnight US time, IBM did not offer any comment on the case which SCO
has filed against it. "It is not our practice to comment on pending
litigation," the spokesman said.

He had plenty to say about AIX. "IBM is extremely committed to AIX and
to the thousands of AIX customers worldwide. For IBM, AIX represents
years of innovation, hundreds of millions of dollars in investment and
many key IBM patents.

"IBM intends to continue to accelerate the rapid growth of AIX, the
fastest growing UNIX operating system in the industry."

SCO's regional general manager for Australia and New Zealand, Kieran
O'Shaughnessy, had nothing to say.
-------
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/06/13/1055220756902.html
---

Post by Nigel Feltha » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:34:56

> http://tinyurl.com/e9cz
> IBM reiterates support for Linux, AIX
> Sam Varghese,  June 13 2003

> IBM remains steadfast in its support for Linux and sees growing evidence
> that the market agrees, a company spokesman in Australia said today.

> Though the SCO Group's has said it intends to withdraw IBM's AIX licence
> by midnight US time, IBM did not offer any comment on the case which SCO
> has filed against it. "It is not our practice to comment on pending
> litigation," the spokesman said.

> He had plenty to say about AIX. "IBM is extremely committed to AIX and
> to the thousands of AIX customers worldwide. For IBM, AIX represents
> years of innovation, hundreds of millions of dollars in investment and
> many key IBM patents.

> "IBM intends to continue to accelerate the rapid growth of AIX, the
> fastest growing UNIX operating system in the industry."

> SCO's regional general manager for Australia and New Zealand, Kieran
> O'Shaughnessy, had nothing to say.
> -------
> http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/06/13/1055220756902.html
> ---

It's now june 15th and IBM's website still has it's AIX pages and SCO's
website has no more news so it looks like they've failed to act on their
threat?

--
begin  sig
Not the moderator of Comp.Os.Linux.Advocacy

1. Go ahead and sue us say 2500 Linux users -- THEAGE.COM.au

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/05/22/1053196676191.html
LINUX USERS DARE SCO TO SUE THEM
Online Staff  --  May 22 2003

Over 2500 Linux users have signed an online petition calling on the SCO
Group to sue them over allegations made by the company that its
intellectual property has been unauthorisedly used in the Linux kernel.

Titled, "Hey SCO, sue me", the petition says: "I am a Linux user. I feel
that SCO's tactics toward an operating system of my choice are unjust,
ill founded and bizarre.
---

http://www.petitiononline.com/scosueme/petition.html

....... unquote .......

2. How do your verify the different versions of BIND

3. Cracking the Xbox, theage.COM.au

4. Archive Viper Tape Driver

5. News.com.au: Linux Outguns Microsoft, Again

6. ?configing wu_ftp to work?

7. License Expired when reinstalling crashed system

8. We're having trouble reaching you

9. f: news1.mpx.com.au control.cancel:13944122

10. Trivial Patch Policy (trivial@rustcorp.com.au)

11. Microsoft touts $USER proof PC -- NEWS.COM.au

12. chaging date for expired license?

13. Expired licence on OPENDESKTOP Server 5.