Richard Stallman's CACM article...

Post by Mark Jackso » Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:00:00

: The SPA is currently threatening small Internet service providers,
: demanding they permit the SPA to monitor all users.  Most ISPs
: surrender when threatened, because they cannot afford to fight back in
: court.  (Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 1 Oct 96, D3.)  At least one
: ISP, Community ConneXion in Oakland CA, refused the demand and was
: actually sued (https://www.c2.net/ispdc/).  The SPA is said to have
: dropped this suit recently, but they are sure to continue the campaign
: in various other ways.

The https://www.c2.net/ispdc link no longer works.  Server said file
no longer exists....

Post by Dan Haske » Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>: The SPA is currently threatening small Internet service providers,
>: demanding they permit the SPA to monitor all users.  Most ISPs
>: surrender when threatened, because they cannot afford to fight back in
>: court.  (Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 1 Oct 96, D3.)  At least one
>: ISP, Community ConneXion in Oakland CA, refused the demand and was
>: actually sued (https://www.c2.net/ispdc/).  The SPA is said to have
>: dropped this suit recently, but they are sure to continue the campaign
>: in various other ways.

>The https://www.c2.net/ispdc link no longer works.  Server said file
>no longer exists....

I was interested too. A Webcrawler search produced the following URLs:

    http://www.veryComputer.com/
    http://www.*law.com/spabull.html

Interesting reading.

1. NEW: Richard Stallman's speech on FSM & GNU/Linux

FYI: ArsDigita University made a RA streaming video of Richard
Stallman's speech on the Free Software Movement and the GNU/Linux
Operating System that he gave at ArsDigita University earlier this
month.

A link to the video is on the aduni website, and I have a link to it at
the top of http://www.jamesthornton.com/.

James Thornton

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Remove

3. Richard Stallman's Opinion

4. Help with FIFO's

5. Richard Stallman was at my University!

6. cancel <4WKBc.852922$Ig.830050@pd7tw2no>

7. Richard Stallman On FOSS GNU And Freedom

8. BUG in 'bc' calculator (2.5.1 sparc)

9. Richard Stallman arrested by FBI for Terrorism

10. Richard Stallman Speaking In Washington DC

11. Linux and the GNU system by Richard Stallman

12. Richard Stallman, the GPL, the politics and ethics of OSS/FSS