Free access to Linux on IBM mainframe

Post by biggibb » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:25:23

This is Free access to an IBM mainframe for testing.  Single users with no
company info can get access to a shared system. And those of you who fill
the application with all the company info can request a dedicated system
with root access.  Pretty cool for all those who want to use the system
shown in all the TV ads lately.

Check this out! Quick response from IBM.  I didn't put my company name and
address and so they requested it.  I gave them legit information and they
said that I would be receiving my login information in a day or so.  Looks
pretty cool.

You get your choice of SuSE, Red Hat, or Turbo.

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/testdrive/testdnew.html

Post by whytewo » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:12:38

> This is Free access to an IBM mainframe for testing.  Single users with no
> company info can get access to a shared system. And those of you who fill
> the application with all the company info can request a dedicated system
> with root access.  Pretty cool for all those who want to use the system
> shown in all the TV ads lately.

> Check this out! Quick response from IBM.  I didn't put my company name and
> address and so they requested it.  I gave them legit information and they
> said that I would be receiving my login information in a day or so.  Looks
> pretty cool.

> You get your choice of SuSE, Red Hat, or Turbo.

> http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/testdrive/testdnew.html

it's pretty kewl ... I went with the turbolinux version
a couple of runs ago ... had full root access
{devolepment} only way to log in is ssh for the first log
with a key you provid to them which is always nice

1. Free Access to Linux on IBM zSeries Mainframe

This is Free access to an IBM mainframe for testing.  Single users with no
company info can get access to a shared system. And those of you who fill
the application with all the company info can request a dedicated system
with root access.  Pretty cool for all those who want to use the system
shown in all the TV ads lately.

Check this out! Quick response from IBM.  I didn't put my company name and
address and so they requested it.  I gave them legit information and they
said that I would be receiving my login information in a day or so.  Looks
pretty cool.

You get your choice of SuSE, Red Hat, or Turbo.

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/testdrive/testdnew.html

2. Problem: "can't find library 'libXaw.so.6' ..

3. Free Access to Linux on IBM Mainframe

4. several afterstep questions!:)

5. linux as net fax server?

6. free access to IBM mainframe running Linux

7. Moving data from AIX to Solaris using tar?

8. Free access to Linux for IBM mainframe

9. Free access to linux on IBM zSeries Mainframe

10. Free access to Linux for IBM mainframe

11. Free access to Linux on IBM zSeries Mainframe