Has anyone had much success with plex86?

Has anyone had much success with plex86?

Post by David Brow » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Has anyone tried plex86?  I know a number of people use VMWare to run other
OS'es (most Windoze) under Linux, but plex86 does much the same thing, as
far as I understand it, and it's free.  Does anyone know how well it works
in practice?

Post by Nigel Feltha » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Has anyone tried plex86?  I know a number of people use VMWare to run other
>OS'es (most Windoze) under Linux, but plex86 does much the same thing, as
>far as I understand it, and it's free.  Does anyone know how well it works
>in practice?

It is also going to be a while before it is finished - Current versions can
boot dos but not much more. If you have a fast machine you can try looking
for Bochs as windows can boot under this (very slowly) and it is also
available free ( part of it's code is being incorporated into the plex86
project).

Has anyone had much success with plex86?

Post by Marada C. Shradraka » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

It's very experimental, as of last I checked.  They have DOS running, but with
only enough support to get directory listings, and Linux works but only with a
weirdly patched kernel.  Give it a little longer to mature, unless you enjoy
experimenting.
--
Marada Coeurfuege Shra'drakaii
Colony name not needed in address.

1. having problems with vxdump. can anyone help?

hello,

recently, i've been encountering problems with backing up one of our servers
with vxdump.

the backup script, etc... was implemented prior to me coming here...  so i'm not
really sure what to look at.

can anyone offer me some advice?

the following error recently occured:

vxdump: Change Volumes: Mount volume #2
vxdump: fopen on /dev/tty fails: No such device or address
vxdump: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.

does anyone know why this is happening?...  it's already happened for the second
day in a row.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

2. erro_log messages

3. vr0 troubles - anyone else having them?

4. PAP ppp problem

5. Anyone having problems with rw_wrlock?

6. Can't compile kernal, fatal signal 11

7. To anyone having KPPP problems

8. Reply problem about Kmail & Knode

9. Anyone having problems with GWM ?

10. Having mouse trouble, can anyone help?

11. Anyone else having problems with Make-3.74

12. Anyone else having problems with ASUS A7A266 + Athlon?

13. Anyone having automount problems in RedHat 7.0?