segmentation fault w/core dump using 'who' cmd

segmentation fault w/core dump using 'who' cmd

Post by Jeffrey Moye » Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have grokked the sources for who... it seems that the version posted on
RedHat's ftp site is fixed.  I would recommend updating who.  It will work
properly for large utmp files, and the latency is minimal.  However, with
such a large user base, I agree that 'w' should be used.  Just remember to
apply all of the patches (if you d/l the SRPM) before compiling.

        -Phro

1. segmentation fault w/core dump using 'who' cmd

currently when I run the 'who' command i get a segmentation fault and
a core dump. the system is a pentium pro with 128MB ram. Usaully have
around 100 users logged in at any given time. On system reboots the
command works fine. After a few days the command stops working. I have
heard that this is a problem 'who' and the number of people logged in.
Is there a fix out there. I am currently up to date with all redhat
fixes. The os is rh 5.0.

Is there another version of 'who' that will work. Never had a problem
with rh 4.2.

thanks
randy

2. Linux e-mail addr. list

3. Get "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" but no core file found

4. Network card help - Urgent

5. Segmentation fault(core dump) whilst using sort.

6. Toshiba T1960CS: Linux??

7. PPP 'Divide Error', 'Segmentation Fault'

8. My pointer lacks the white border, just pure black

9. Segmentation Fault, where's my core?

10. c4gl core dumps: (script calls 'i4glc1' which seems to be 'i4gl' and 'i4gl' is core dumping)

11. Segment Fault doesn't cause core dump

12. "Segmentation fault( core dumped ) "<--- sentence is driving me mad!!!!!

13. Segmentation fault (core dumped) ????