1. ELF + 1.3.x kernel -> kernel header can't be identified
I want to start working with the 1.3 kernels, but I can't get past one
of the last stages of the build process. When piggybac in
arch/i386/boot/compressed runs, it states that it can't identify the
kernel (see output below). The magic numbers in the source do
indicate a lack of a match, but I can't figure out why.
I have been researching this problem on the Usenet, and have
discovered that other people have had this problem when working with
1.3.x kernels and ELF. Usually, just after ELF is installed. The
probable cause is that something needs to be updated, I just don't
make output related to failure :
make: Entering directory
gcc -I/usr/src/kernel-1.3.62/include -O2 -DSTDC_HEADERS -o xtract
gcc -I/usr/src/kernel-1.3.62/include -O2 -DSTDC_HEADERS -o piggyback
./xtract /usr/src/kernel-1.3.62/vmlinux | gzip -9 | ./piggyback >
Non-GCC header of 'system'
Compressed size 20.
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/kernel-1.3.62/include -traditional -c
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/kernel-1.3.62/include -O2 -DSTDC_HEADERS
ld -qmagic -Ttext 0xfe0 -o vmlinux head.o misc.o piggy.o
ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 00000fe0
misc.o: In function `memcpy':
misc.o(.text+0x1eac): undefined reference to `input_data'
misc.o(.text+0x1eb1): undefined reference to `input_len'
misc.o(.text+0x1ec7): undefined reference to `input_data'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
make: Leaving directory
make: *** [compressed/vmlinux] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-1.3.62/arch/i386/boot'
make: *** [zImage] Error 2
2. Can't get lilo to load FreeBSD
3. Kernel 1.3.99, cp hangs completly with broken floppy-disk
4. 8mm dat drive gone bad?
5. Things that broke upgrading 1.2.13 -> 1.3.xx (add yours here)
6. Newbie : where are the sys-log files
7. 1.3.4x -> breaks top?
8. Can I using common PCI network adaptor?
9. Buslogic SCSI, 1.3.5x kernels broken?
10. ppp is broke on latest 1.3.5x kernels
11. Buslogic SCSI, 1.3.5x kernels broken?
12. kernel upgrade 1.3 --> 1.4: where has the disklabel gone?
13. Problems with SVGATextMode 0.9 and kernel => 1.3