Where is version.h ?

Post by Koji Aikaw » Sat, 31 Oct 1998 04:00:00

In my 2.1.125 kernel source, I can't find include/linux/version.h.
Is this correct ? Or where can I get?

-----------------
Koji Aikawa

Where is version.h ?

Post by Peter Samuels » Sat, 31 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> In my 2.1.125 kernel source, I can't find include/linux/version.h.
> Is this correct ? Or where can I get?

version.h is created as part of the build process.  If I'm not mistaken
it's in the `make *config' stage, so just run that.

--
Peter Samuelson
<sampo.creighton.edu!psamuels>

Where is version.h ?

Post by Koji Aikaw » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Thanks !!
I'll try it...

> > In my 2.1.125 kernel source, I can't find include/linux/version.h.
> > Is this correct ? Or where can I get?

> version.h is created as part of the build process.  If I'm not mistaken
> it's in the `make *config' stage, so just run that.

> --
> Peter Samuelson
> <sampo.creighton.edu!psamuels>

1. what version of X am I running?

I have a newbie question.  How do I know what version of Xfree86 I'm
running?
Just a couple more quick questions.  My backspace doesn't work in
netscape, but it does in an xterm.  Do I use the "stty erase"
designation somewhere that only netscape knows about or what?

Does anyone know of a command that will flush unused libraries from
memory?  When I start X, I have 12mb free (I have a 24mb system).  After
running a few apps then closing them, I can never get my free memory
back down again.  I thought it was "flushlib" or something but I've
tried every variation I can think of.

Thanks.

Please e-mail me replys.  I can never find my original post in the
newsgroups.

2. New PrimeAlert modules from Halcyon

3. what version of dga am I running?

4. Recording sound?

5. Samba : Which version am I using???

6. You have got to read this gut buster!!!

7. (Q) How do I find what version of KDE I am running?

8. K-1.0.5 (X11R4) and NIS+

9. What version of Perl am I running?

10. Help: What Version am I Using?

11. how do I check the version I am runnning on?

12. what version of openwin am i using

13. Need to find which version I am using for XFree86.