Aiee: scheduling in interrupt

Post by Louis-Marius Pine » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi there!

As our system backup, we use Amanda on a linux PC to backup all of our
network. Up to today, the system has run almost flawlessly.

Recently we installed a DLT tape backup and yesterday I changed the holding
disk from 2Gb to 9.4Gb so that I can use the compression mechanism of the
DLT system.

The reason I want to use the DLT compression is that with software compression
the backup took to long to complete.

Now, for the first time, I tested the system without software compression and
I hit the following error message:

Aiee: scheduling in interrupt 00125181

and the system froze.

I restarted the system and everytime I start the backup, that message appears
and I have to crash reboot.

What I think is that maybe the backup is too fast... I temporarly solved
the problem by lowering the number of parallel backup (6 to 4) and lowering the
throughput quota over the network (800 to 600 Kbps) and the system seems to
hold...

I searched throught the sources and this message come from the scheduler
(/usr/src/linux-2.0.35/kernel/sched.c).

What does it mean?

and is there a way to correct this instead of "cooling down" my system?

The configuration of my backup system is as follow:

   Pentium 233 Mhz with 64Meg of ram.

   1 NCR 53c875 scsi controller on which is installed a 9.4Gb ultra wide SCSI
   disk and a scsi cdrom drive,

   1 Adaptec aha1520 isa scsi controller on which is installed 2 HP T4000
   tape drive and 1 DLT tape drive.

   1 IDE disk for the system

   Everything is installed on a VA502 motherboard.

Thanks for your help.

Louis

1. Aiee: scheduling in interrupt

I have a 200 Mhz Quad PPro (AMI Goliath motherboard) running 2.0.32.
Within several minutes of booting, the following message appears on
the console:
Aiee: scheduling in interrupt 00116b7a
IRQ DEADLOCK DETECTED BY CPU 1
IRQ DEADLOCK DETECTED BY CPU 2
IRQ DEADLOCK DETECTED BY CPU 0
IRQ DEADLOCK DETECTED BY CPU 3

after which the machine is locked solid.

The machine has:
512 Meg memory
Matrox Millennium VGA controller
Adaptec 3940 Ultra SCSI adapter
Buslogic BT-958D Ultra SCSI adapter
3Com 3C905 100bTX Ethernet controller

The machine seems to run 2.1.42 OK.  However, I would like to run a kernel
with RAID4/5 patches, and I can only find those patches for the 2.0.XX
series.

Thanks for any help.
--
Tom Quinn       Astronomy, University of Washington

Phone:          206-685-9009

2. Statistics for Apache.

3. Kernel: Aiee: scheduling in interrupt

4. Java JServ Apache and Solaris

5. Aiee: scheduling in interrupt 001246e5

6. Multi-Screen X???

7. Aiee: Scheduling in interrupt

8. KDE 2.1.1 and fixed font

9. Jaz causes "Aiee scheduling in interrupt"

10. Aiee: scheduling in interrupt 00123869

11. Aiee scheduling in interrupt: fffffc0000336668

12. Aiee:Scheduling in interrupt.

13. I get Kernel Aiee in schedule(void).....