2.2.9 stopping network

Post by Bill Woessne » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

I'm running kernel 2.2.9 on an older P133 with 48 MB of RAM and a 3c509
network card.  Every now and then, the network simply stops.  Expecially
when I try to upload stuff off of the computer.  I looked in the change
log for the driver and it hasn't changed in over a year.  After
reverting to the 2.2.5 kernel, everything worked fine again.  I'm happy,
but I definitely think there's probably some bigger problem in the
kernel.

--
Bill Woessner
National Instruments

1. X stops networking [was: networking OK only if manually started]

Earlier I posted about trouble I am having getting networking to
work.  I got a few replies from people I won't mention so they
don't get spammed, but you have my thanks!

Anyway, my /etc/inittab is correct and right after boot-up all is
well.  Meaning that I can ping to anywhere I desire.

But, I start getting pleanty of "network is unreachable" messages
after I start X.  This persists after I shutdown X.

Any ideas on that one?

Thanks again....

--
Kevin.E.Cosgrove AT Tek.COM

2. Sound Card

3. starting and stopping network services

4. Help Required in Configuring Lm-sensors

5. how to start/stop network ?

6. HELP !! Cannot login to SPARC

7. start and stop network

8. mod_php4 port fails

9. fedora core 3 stops network on extern connection from router

10. My linux stopped networking... why?

11. UDMA IDE Drive stops network transfers

12. Routd stopping network

13. Kernel upgrade from level 13 to 15 stops networking