How can I change the hardware cursor in console mode?

How can I change the hardware cursor in console mode?

Post by n.. » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 03:43:18

Hi

Does anyone know how you change the cursor in a console (NOT an xterm) to
something other than the standard flashing underscore? Is there a utility
to do this or failing that is there a C API I can use to do it myself?

Thanks in advance for any help

NJR

Post by Kasper Dupon » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 05:55:05

> Hi

> Does anyone know how you change the cursor in a console (NOT an xterm) to
> something other than the standard flashing underscore? Is there a utility
> to do this or failing that is there a C API I can use to do it myself?

Yes, it is described in linux/Documentation/VGA-softcursor.txt

1. Changing cursor in console mode

Hi all,

        I would like to know if there is a way to get a block cursor
instead of the blinking line in console mode.  I have an NEC Versa w/
B&W LCD and it is hard to find the cursor sometimes.  Also please send
mail as I don't get to read news as much as I would like.
--

                                        Frank P. Bresz }*{

2. How well does pilot-link work

3. Lost console mode cursor - how to recover

4. installer.coff hangs after partition?

5. Lost Cursor in console mode - how to recover

6. Finding process associated with TCP/UDP port...

7. Redhat 6.2beta install problem

8. changing cursor shape in console driver

9. All console screens and cursor changed to color red after reboot - help!

10. How to change cursor color in console window?

11. Changing cursor size on console..?

12. Bash vi-mode change cursor color