Writing SCSI Device Driver for DDS Tape Drive for linux

Writing SCSI Device Driver for DDS Tape Drive for linux

Post by Joseph Manohara » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

linux gurus !!!!!!!!!!! Help !!!!!

I need a scsi device driver written for a DDS2 Tape drive for linux.
Could any one tell me the magnitude of development effort (in man
months/years).
Any information, suggestions, advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Post by Matt Port » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>linux gurus !!!!!!!!!!! Help !!!!!

>I need a scsi device driver written for a DDS2 Tape drive for linux.
>Could any one tell me the magnitude of development effort (in man
>months/years).
>Any information, suggestions, advice is appreciated.

Um, SCSI tape drives are already supported via the generic scsi tape
character device.  They all work, barring hardware flaws.  What do you
need developed, a scsi tape block driver or something?

--
Matt Porter

Post by Raymond Lillar » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> >linux gurus !!!!!!!!!!! Help !!!!!

> >I need a scsi device driver written for a DDS2 Tape drive for linux.
> >Could any one tell me the magnitude of development effort (in man
> >months/years).
> >Any information, suggestions, advice is appreciated.

> Um, SCSI tape drives are already supported via the generic scsi tape
> character device.  They all work, barring hardware flaws.  What do you
> need developed, a scsi tape block driver or something?

Even if you need it blocked, you can use 'dd' for that.

Ray