mpeg-1 decode routine

Post by Tristan Wibberle » Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hi y'all

> does anybody know about a c-source (or api) to decode an mpeg1 stream?
> (like an AVI file)

> I triend mptv-sdk, but this is an api to decode AND play the stream. But
> I don't need the play part, I just need the uncompressed frames.

> I don't think I want to write a realtime mpeg1 decoder myself...

This isn't really a question for comp.os.development.system -
comp.compression would be more appropriate.

If I understand you correctly, you just want standard (ie, any operating
system) C source code which will let you rip frames from an MPEG-1
stream.

I think you should try www.mpeg.org They have a page called something
like MSSG. There is source code for an encoder/decoder for mpeg1/2
there.

Please try to use these resources more appropriately, a newsgroup is
really for when you have something to accomplish which you require human
interaction. You can find the answer to this with just the web - it only
took me about 45 seconds to find this.

--
Tristan Wibberley

mpeg-1 decode routine

Post by Eelco Grakis » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi y'all

does anybody know about a c-source (or api) to decode an mpeg1 stream?
(like an AVI file)

I triend mptv-sdk, but this is an api to decode AND play the stream. But
I don't need the play part, I just need the uncompressed frames.

I don't think I want to write a realtime mpeg1 decoder myself...

Thanks in advance for your undoubtfully helpfull replies!

Eelco

PS> could you please respond to the group and also to my email address?
I don't trust my news-server very much... :-(

1. Hardware-assisted MPEG-2 decoding

My current system is a 2x 1GHz P3, with 1GB SDRAM, yet I still get jerky
DVD playback, and out-of-sync audio, using Xine 0.97.

I'm now interested in hardware-assisted MPEG-2 decoding.  All of the
implementations I have seen offer these two options:

1. Output to a desktop window using a VGA pass-through, which results in a
degradation of video quality.

2.  Output to a TV via composite video, which isn't always convenient.

What I would like is output to a window, using hardware-assistance of an
MPEG-2 board, without VGA pass-through.

In other words, send the MPEG-2 stream to the board, let the board decode
it, then grab the decoded audio and video from the board's buffer memory,
then output those decoded streams to the sound card and video card (via
X-Window) respectively.  Basically, the board would be used as an MPEG-2
co-processor, rather than an output device.

Is this possible?  Thanks.

        Rohan Beckles

-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

2. Client for radio scanner control

3. MPEG audio decoding source code?

4. automatic Sliphangup

5. MPEG-2 decoding driver for Trident Cyberblade i7

6. SVR4 for 386 Clone?

7. how to program FAST FPS-60 for MPEG decoding?

8. Problems on installing multiple OS on Thinkpad 380XD

9. MPEG-2 Decoding Query

10. MPEG decoding in hardware?

11. MPEG Decoding with Leadtek Tv300?

12. URL decoding: decode user-supplied info

13. MPEG Editor for all formats of MPEG