correction: Swap Errors: scsi code broken?

correction: Swap Errors: scsi code broken?

Post by Reinout Heec » Mon, 20 Nov 1995 04:00:00

:-(

  even the slackware distribution 'idenet' kernel 1.2.13 generates the
occasional swap error now

Should I switch to a 1.3.xx kernel for a more stable system?
Or should I downgrade to 1.1.18 which runs *very* stable on one of my other
systems?

Hints desperatly wanted, preferrably by e-mail,

Thanks in advance!

Reinout Heeck
-------------

1. Ethernet driver tweak for error correction codes

Is it possible to use up the src, dest MAC addresses (12B) and the CRC field (4B?)
on a point-to-point full duplex Ethernet link for my own data?

I would like to implement an error correction on this, because I'm gonna build
a freespace laser link which would run just this way. And i want to use it on
foggy days too when there will be a lot of bits fallen out.

Is it possible to do it in the kernel somehow cleanly? How should I try to do it?
-

2. problems with CL5428 and XF86-3.1.2

3. Make broken, top broken, flock errors, kernel modules broken

4. batch & back ground

5. kernel panic due to swap problem or broken SCSI driver or ???

6. FVWM95: Grab focus WITHOUT raising window?

7. Linux/MS-Windows swap space sharing - correction

8. redhat linux and pap/chap

9. SCSI disk error code:28000002

10. plenty of swap space, but keep receiving error "swap space limit exceeded"

11. interpretting SCSI error codes

12. SCSI disk error with return code = 8

13. SCSI Disk Error: ... return code 28 000 002!?