rp scripts

Post by Ideal Educatio » Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:01:02

hi,
    I want to know about what rp scripts are and how it is used and information about some materails or books on this topic and how to implement it, it required very urgently.

Thanks
Savanth

1. RH8.0 bundled rp-pppoe (rp-pppoe-3.4-7) problem, please help.

Hello,

I have a problem in RH8.0 bundled rp-pppoe (rp-pppoe-3.4-7), please
help.

I am setting up linux server as NAT, which share t he internet
connection to the client PCs at home. I was using RH7.2 before and
there is no problem at all. My problem in RH8.0 is that: I setup
rp-pppoe (ifup ppp0) to run at startup of the machine. Basically, it
starts up without any problem at all. But, it never runs
/etc/ppp/ip-up. Which means that the ip masquerading process didn't
bring up at all. What I have to is to ssh to the server everytime
after the server boots up and run /etc/ppp/ip-up manually, before my
clients can use the internet connect. I realized that the
configurations files are quite different from the one that I was using
in 7.2, e.g it doesn't use /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf anymore, instated it
put all the information in
/etc/ppp/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0.

Anybody can give me some suggestions ?
Thanks
Bosco

2. Unix permissions problem with apache

3. rp-pppoe3.4-7 messup with rp-pppoe3.5-1

4. lex/yacc question

5. RP PPPoE and rc script

6. small shell script

7. Execute a sh script under perl and sh: sh script; perl script?

8. Help please: How do i turn on telnet - new Debian download

9. Need explanation of LCP_INTERVAL and computing PPPOE_TIMEOUT w/ RP-PPPoE

10. Getting pmfirewall,rp-pppoe and squid to work together

11. ppp >= 2.3.7 is needed by rp-pppoe-3.4-1

12. SONY CRX160E-RP and LINUX

13. rp-pppoe