X driver for Diamond Speedstar64 trouble

X driver for Diamond Speedstar64 trouble

Post by JFEED » Fri, 03 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have just recently acquired a Diamond SpeedStar 64 vid. card w/ 2Mb VRAM
for the ISA bus on a i486 w/ 32Mb RAM.  Problem:
I can only use 256 colors due to the way my current SVGA driver maps
memory, at 14Mb.  Is there an Updated driver to circumvent this prob?  (I
am still using RedHat 2.1, X version 3.1.2 I think)  or do I just have to
reduce my memory down to 16Mb or less. TIA for anyone's input.