scsi emulation for ATAPI CDROMS

Post by Frank Hal » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am using scsi emulation so that I can get my (ATAPI) cd-writer to
work. I also have another cd drive that I use it on. When I go to mount
a cd for the first time it will tell me this.

  ide-scsi: The scsi wants to send us more data than expected -
discarding data
  Unable to identify CD-ROM format.

And it won't mount the first time. I have to umount and mount again to
get to my cd. Does anyone know why it does this? It works fine after it
does this, and it will only do it the first time you mount your cd, any
other time and it will mount fine.

--
From:      Frank Hale

ICQ:       7205161
Website:   http://www.franksstuff.com/

"100% Pure Linux"

1. Mounting CDROM under ATAPI-SCSI emulation

Just set everything up to do SCSI emulation for cdrecord. Boot messages
indicate that the drives are there, the /dev entries are there, and
burning a CD worked perfectly. I can't mount cd's, though. When I try

mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom

I get

mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/cdrom as a block device

Support is compiled into the kernel (2.2.17) and, as I said, cdrecord
burned a cd with no problems.

The burner is Master on the secondary ide chain with a normal cdrom
drive as slave on that chain. Both show up if I do a cat /proc/scsi/scsi

What am I doing wrong?

--
-Dave Wilson

"The trick is to keep breathing..." - Garbage

2. X-Windows configuration problem

3. ide-scsi emulation for ATAPI cd writing problem

4. MSDOS filesystem

5. Does the HP7200i ATAPI CD Writer need SCSI emulation

6. Email to box w/dynamic IP?

7. SCSI Emulation with ATAPI Zip drive?

8. HELP - Dip & Supra 144i no connect.

9. ATAPI 250MB ZIP and IDE-SCSI Emulation HELP!

10. Need help with SCSI-ATAPI CD emulation

11. ATAPI/SCSI emulation for CD/CDR/CDRW questions

12. ATAPI CD-RW w/ SCSI Emulation Question

13. SCSI emulation with ATAPI device