RPC in Linux

Post by nataraj » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

We are trying to port an RPC server to Linux from Solaris.
Before we start promising anything,  i would like to know if RPC
libraries/support
is available under Linux. Weare talking about rpc_* libraries, xdr
libraries and include files..etc
the original rpc program was generated using sun's "rpcgen" and then
handtweaked
after that.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly greatly appreciated.

nataraj/.

Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

1. How to use rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd?

[Q2] Stupid but non-FAQ NFS question #2:
Thanks for the help of finding out the rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rcp.nfsd.
Still, after reading the NFS-FAQ, Linux Network Admin Guide, none of these guys
seem to work at all.  I still get the message of RPC fault: program is not
registered.  I guess I really need a cookbook example.

Let's say I have machines A and B which both of them can telnet and ftp to each
other.  In other words, they are properly connected.  Now, this is how I did.
I add three statements at the begninning of the rc.inet2 at machine A:

/usr/sbin/rpc.portmap
/usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd
/bin/mount -t nfs B:/home /mnt

Then, I add /mnt B[rw] at /etc/exports at machine A.
Then, reboot machine A, and it prompts RPC fault: program is not registered.
Can anyone provide me an idiot-proof way of attacking this?  Thanks.
BTW, someone mention "premeter".  What is that?

--

Salem

2. SAVE THAT VINTAGE 1983 HARDWARE FOR LINUX.

3. Where are rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd?

4. Checking the system

5. Dangers of rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd

6. xplay? is it alive?

7. RPC 4.0 vs RPC 4.1 vs TI RPC

8. Need HELP configuring dial in modem

9. Comparison bet soap rpc, dce rpc and sun rpc

10. Sherlock linux plug-ins / sherlock for linux?

11. Using RPC and RPC Gen for Linux

12. TI-RPC (ONC+ RPC) for Linux

13. rpc.lockd & rpc.statd for Linux