Concurrent service clients number problem in Apache

Concurrent service clients number problem in Apache

Post by Choon Young, Ch » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:41:37

Hi there,
My company use Compaq Proliant 8500 with linux radhat 6.2 and Apache
webserver.
When concurrent clients number is increase around 200, httpd servers are
reduce to 0  and can't service to clients eventhought memory and process are
under 50% usage.
After few minutes httpds are appeared again.
I think the problem is out of concurrent clients number limits.
It's true?
How can i increas the concurrent service clients number above 256 ?
Some books advice to modify HARD_SERVER_LIMIT in "/src/include/httpd.h"
file.
It works? Is there anyone who have similar expericences?
Please help me.

thanks in advance
Cho