Embedded linux

Post by Davi » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Is anyone here working on any embedded Linux systems?  If so, what
do you use?

Thanks,
David

Embedded linux

Post by Mark Langsdor » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Is anyone here working on any embedded Linux systems?  If so, what
> do you use?

    On the x86 side, there's two good choices: Lineo and Lynuxworks.
SuSE is supposed to be working on something, but no release date,
and I haven't heard much good about Red Hat's offering.
    Lineo's Embeddix SDK is very powerful, though it's a bit of
pain to extend for custom device drivers.  It's also pricey for the
Linux market: $5000 per development seat.
    Lynuxworks solution (Blue Cat?) is much cheaper, but not as
fully featured.  They're also primarily pushing their proprietary
RTOS (Lynx), which can be a bit of a downer.

-Mark Langsdorf
These are my own opinions, and do not reflect the views of AMD, Inc
or anyone else inside of AMD.

Embedded linux

Post by Peter Pointne » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Is anyone here working on any embedded Linux systems?  If so, what
> do you use?

I think a lot of people are working on embedded Linux systems. But
what do you expect them to answer? Try to ask a bit more specific.

Peter

Embedded linux

Post by Wolfgang Den » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>Is anyone here working on any embedded Linux systems?  If so, what
>do you use?

What do you mean? Hardware or software base?

For hardware, see some Embedded PowerPC systems on
http://www.denx.de/embedded-ppc-en.html

For software, there are a lot of releases already, with more  coming.
Check Linuxworks, MontaVista, Elinos, Lineo, ....

Wolfgang Denk

--
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de

Embedded linux

Post by Allison Baj » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

How about an embedded Linux distribution for MIPS?  If anyone knows of a
distribution tailored for this chip please email me.

Thank you for your help.

- Al

Quote:> Is anyone here working on any embedded Linux systems?  If so, what
> do you use?

> Thanks,
> David

1. Embedded linux , RT Linux , Linux

Question -1

I would like to know the differences between these three products .
I believe embedded is superset of RT and RT is superset of general
Linux .

    Embedded Linux , RT Linux , Linux

Question -2

If I follow the kernel , networking and utility documents provided for
Linux ( may be from RedHat Linux documentation ) , will these sufice
mininum base for embedded linux and RT Linux .

2. Connecting to NT-RAS server using Ezppp ???

3. comparision beween openssl with pc linux and openssl with embedded linux (ex. sh-linux etc)

4. Configuring DNS to respond with non-standard ports

5. RT-Linux and Embedded Linux

6. Need help finding these sources.

7. Does Linux and embedded Linux provides RAW socket?

8. scsi IDs order in scsi chain

9. Linux and the PC/104 platform? Imbedded Linux?

10. Decoding an embedded linux ELF executable

11. GUI based embedded Linux config tool - correction

12. embedded linux problem -- help! (mtrr?)

13. embedded linux