Linux-Development-System Digest #57

Post by Eberhard Bur » Mon, 07 Apr 1997 05:00:00

^^^^^^
[discussion deleted]

Quote:> Couldn`t agree more.  Anyone who logs in as root deserves to be shot
> unless doing sysadmin stuff.

...   %-}

--

1. Linux-Development-System Digest #57

| >1. Running *every* program as root, or logging in as root: don't do that.
| >Urge your friends not to.  Ridicule those who post as root to help get
| >the message across.
|
| No. Politely point out the dangers of logging in as root all the time.
| Derision causes flames.

i _encourage_ my novice sysadmins to log in as root on
their _personal_ boxes. good way to learn to be careful.
sort of like writing essays with a fountain pen..encourages
thinking before putting fingers in gear.

  thomas

2. Three Button Mouse KISS!!

3. (Receipt) Linux-Development-System Digest #468

4. Verifying a user's password without logging in

5. Linux-Development-System Digest #873

6. 386 breaks new BTX version 1.01

7. (Receipt) Linux-Development-System Digest #470

8. CDE to Java Desktop

9. Linux-Development-System Digest #733

10. (Receipt) Linux-Development-System Digest #469

11. (Receipt) Linux-Development-System Digest #467

12. Linux-Development-System Digest #306

13. Linux-Development-System Digest #655