module kernel question

Post by Jay Goldbe » Tue, 28 Nov 1995 04:00:00

My first foray into writing a loadable kernel driver:  I have encountered
the error:

(main) _minor undefined
Failed to load driver

while trying insmod.

I have found no references anywhere to this in loadable drivers I have
or any documentation I have.  Does anyone know what this error is?

Thanks
--
Procrastinate now!
Jay Goldberg

http://www.tlmworks.com/People/jrg/jhp.html
http://www.iwl.net/customers/jayg

module kernel question

Post by Jay Goldbe » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>My first foray into writing a loadable kernel driver:  I have encountered
>the error:

>(main) _minor undefined
>Failed to load driver

>while trying insmod.

>I have found no references anywhere to this in loadable drivers I have
>or any documentation I have.  Does anyone know what this error is?

>Thanks
>--
>Procrastinate now!
>Jay Goldberg

>http://www.tlmworks.com/People/jrg/jhp.html
>http://www.iwl.net/customers/jayg

Duh... I was using minor instead of MINOR..
color me moronic

--
Procrastinate now!
Jay Goldberg

http://www.tlmworks.com/People/jrg/jhp.html
http://www.iwl.net/customers/jayg

1. beginner module question: kernel-module version mismatch

I got the book Linux Device Drivers and tried doing the first example, a
module "Hello, World" program.  When I keyed in "insmod hello.o" I got the
error message:

hello.o: kernel-module version mismatch
         hello.o was compiled for version 2.0.31
         while the kernel is version 2.0.32

I am running Redhat 5.0 with gcc version 2.7.2.3-8.

Thanks in advance for any comments on what is causing this and how to
correct it.

2. crystal 4236B chip SOUND

3. Opening a kernel module from another kernel module

4. Linux Time/Date

5. Ft. Worth - Linux Kernel Module Programmer - Unix kernel modules & Unix device drivers

6. Indignation mistaken for Fanaticism

7. aha1542, module vs kernel, kernel doesn't work, need kernel

8. Problem with bash. Is this a bug?

9. Kernel upgrade: make modules -> nothing to do for 'modules' and complains afterwards ?

10. Redhat 5.1 - ANSWERS - compile kernel, modules, /lib/modules/preferred

11. Module deps when building stacked module outside of kernel source tree

12. Can't Build Kernel Module on V5.1A - no Module created

13. Compiling the kernel: to module or not to module?