How to detect if a keyboard is connected

How to detect if a keyboard is connected

Post by Michael Drat » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 20:45:06

Hi,

I need to know if a keyboard is connected to the system. Is there an easy
solution to that?
I tried setleds etc. and hwinfo with no success. The latter only recogniced
if the keyboard was connected during boot. If I later disconnect the
keyboard it doesn`t detect that.

Thanks a lot

        Michael

1. how to detect if i am behind a NAT?

this is a theoritical question rather than a real one... how does a host
deduce that it is behind a NAT  using a series of tests? assume the
private IP address is not an obvious giveaway..

telnet to outside host and ping the machine? but we cant tell from that
since if that machine is
behind a firewall and  simply blocked off the ICMP packets? any
suggestions?

also is there a system log which recorded all incoming icmp packets?
thanks!!!!

--
ShOey

2. Problem with Star Office on Red Hat 5.1 System

3. Boot disk does not detect IDE Toshiba CD-ROM or am I stupid?

4. "C++ compiler cannot create executables."

5. How do I tell what speed I am connected at?

6. Singing the Modem Setup Blues....

7. Why I am getting two IP addresses when I connect to my work through VPN

8. Broken Pipe on 220 Sendmail 8.9.3

9. How to identify ,through which IP address i'am connected ?

10. The host from which I am connecting

11. Am I connected to external monitor?

12. From which IP address I am connected

13. What modem speed am I connecting at?