insmod problems

Post by xiao » Tue, 15 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I have some problems using insmod with my 2.1.13 kernel. The old
module utilities like "insmod, lsmod and rmmod", work fine with
my old kernel 2.0.0. However, after I upgraded the kernel to 2.1.13
and compiled new module utilities from modules-2.1.3 package,
The command "insmod drv_hello.o" gave me the following errors:

put_fs_byte undefined!
linux-2.1.13

Could you give me some hints why this is happening?

Thank you very much!

Xiao Su

insmod problems

Post by Jelle Fok » Wed, 16 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> I have some problems using insmod with my 2.1.13 kernel. The old
> module utilities like "insmod, lsmod and rmmod", work fine with
> my old kernel 2.0.0. However, after I upgraded the kernel to 2.1.13
> and compiled new module utilities from modules-2.1.3 package,
> The command "insmod drv_hello.o" gave me the following errors:
> put_fs_byte undefined!
> linux-2.1.13
> Could you give me some hints why this is happening?

Maybe you need to get a package called

modutils-2.1.23.tar.gz

Cya, Jelle.

1. linux tcp/ip stack as a module...insmod problems

Hi,
I am trying to implement the whole tcp/ip  stack (below the INET
socket layer) as a module . Do not confuse this with setting the "m"
option during "make xconfig"....
I am attempting to build a custom stack which i can change at will...

My approach:
I thought of using all the code of the linux stack as a starting
point. I copied all .c files from /usr/src/linux/net/ipv4 to a
separate directory
Then i compiled each file (gcc -D__KERNEL__ -c ...) and got the
coresponding object file. I also wrote a dummy .c file which contained
the init_module and cleanup_module functions. Then i linked all these
object files together.

My Problem:
When i try to insmod the resulting .obj file, i get the error
"couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for".
This happens even if i turn off kernel versioning while building the
kernel.
what could be the problem?

-chinmay

2. Nonstandard transtition speed with RS232

3. insmod problem

4. Minor Problem with g++

5. insmod problems

6. How long can a PATH env. variable be in Solaris 2.5.1

7. insmod problems in Mandrake 6.1

8. mod_ssl for 1.3.19 prob

9. Linux insmod problem

10. Network card/insmod problems