Linux & Monorail

Post by Todd Graham Lewi » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Just thought people might be interested to know that Redhat 4.0 installs
and runs great on the Monorail boxes.  I just got done with a game of
Xtetris on it.  The boxes themselves are a little weak (P75, etc.), but
that's par for their place on the price curve.

FYI.

__
Todd Graham Lewis             Linux!                 Core Engineering

Linux & Monorail

Post by Michael J. Nordbe » Sat, 08 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>Just thought people might be interested to know that Redhat 4.0 installs
>and runs great on the Monorail boxes.  I just got done with a game of
>Xtetris on it.  The boxes themselves are a little weak (P75, etc.), but
>that's par for their place on the price curve.
>FYI.
>__
>Todd Graham Lewis             Linux!                 Core Engineering

Technical notes - Boots just dandy with IDE CDROM drivers, no trouble
auto-probing.  It had trouble seeing the PS2 mouse, however.  Placing
a Logitech 3-button on "COM1" worked just dandy.  ;)  The limitations
of 640x480 made Metro-X painful, but it does work.  The architecture
of the Monorail itself is weak and largely dependent on Windoze95
drivers to keep it moving.  (RPI modem, integrated sound, etc..)  Not
sure if the sounds works - hadn't tweaked the kernel or X.  Toddles
and enjoy!

Michael Nordberg
Prod.Development - MindSpring

Linux & Monorail

Post by Michael A. Bouzinie » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>  The limitations
> of 640x480 made Metro-X painful, but it does work.

BTW, does anybody know how to switch Monorail to external display? With
external display it has 1024x760 which is much better. I'd be very
grateful if anybody can help.

Michael Bouzinier.

1. Help with getting Red Hat Linux 7.2 to recognize the integrated Monorail audio hardware.

Hello,

I've got a machine with Red Hat Linux 7.2 installed on it.  This machine has
Monorail audio built-in to the motherboard.  I was wondering how I could get
Red Hat to recognize it.  You'll have to forgive me if this is a simple
matter because I'm still a newbie at Linux.  I'd also like to enable my
EtherLink III ISA card.

--
David A. Frischknecht
http://fishnetonline.tripod.com

2. Looking for a X serveur for video card QVISION

4. KDE GHNOME

6. LinuxPPC for Motorola MVME 2604

7. 没有人用中文吗?

8. automate login (via HTTP POST) and check for updates

9. XF86Config for Monorail LS166

10. King County Monorail meeting tomorrow Thursday at Fairwood Library

11. Monorail sound card problem

12. Help installing X windows on my Monorail PC

13. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&