new: graphical display of ext2 allocation

new: graphical display of ext2 allocation

Post by Ulrich Win » Tue, 28 Nov 1995 04:00:00

For some reason I don't know any longer, I began to write an utility
to create PostScript from the output of dumpe2fs. The utility (shell
script) now also can produce Adobe Illustrator 88 (TM) output. I'd
consider this as beta software. The current version is 0.8 and can be
found on ftp.uni-regensburg.de:/pub/freeware/dconf. The file
"release.txt" contains my comments since version 0.1.

The utility displays your block and inode allocation in a unit square
of size 400 point. Each block group is a row, while blocks and inodes
are a column each. Allocated items are black, while free items are
white.

I really like to get some comments on this one!

Ulrich

new: graphical display of ext2 allocation

Post by Dan Fandri » Fri, 01 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Ulrich asked me to post a correction to the path name for his recently
announced ext2 allocation display program (he doesn't have currently
have Internet access).  The correct ftp URL is:
<ftp://ftp.uni-regensburg.de/pub/freeware/temp/dconf09.tgz>

Quote:>>> Dan

Quote:>For some reason I don't know any longer, I began to write an utility