Recommended time function for time stamp within a device driver?

Recommended time function for time stamp within a device driver?

Post by Thomas Bon » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi All,

        Can anyone recommend the most appropriate time function(with
millisecond resolution) that I can
use for a time stamp within a device driver?  Thanks.

Post by Fabrice Pei » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Hi All,

>         Can anyone recommend the most appropriate time function(with
> millisecond resolution) that I can
> use for a time stamp within a device driver?  Thanks.

        Yop,

I think void get_fast_time(struct timeval * t) is what you want.

        Ooops and bye.

Recommended time function for time stamp within a device driver?

Post by Maciej Golebiewsk » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I think void get_fast_time(struct timeval * t) is what you want.

>         Ooops and bye.

Or do_gettimeofday (struct timeval *T);

1. get time stamp in device driver

Hello,
We want to get time when a packet is sent down to the device driver
(for FDDI). Since device driver cannot have any system call or call
C library function, we cannot use utilities like gettimeofday to read
the system timer. Did anybody try the similar tests? How is it
possible for us to get this timing measure?

Or is there anybody know how the functions like gettimeofday is
implemented? Is there kernel routine we can use for this matter?

Thanks.

Fang
--
**<(+^+)>*******************************q[~-~]p**

* _( W )_     TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY       { A }  *
**(_)O(_)*******************************()'=`()**

2. .htaccess for added MIME-types in CERN???

3. 32 bit or 64 bit??

4. Time discrepancy between Linux and DOS time stamps for same file

5. can I know the Can I know the battery power remind without apmd?

6. convert UT time in local time / local time in UT time

7. SMC ethernet cards on PCI

8. time time time how can I tell the time

9. time() function in time.h

10. Need help with 'time' C Run-Time Library functions under HP-UX

11. Daylight time (label) but standard time (time)

12. Daylight Savings time, system time, hardware time....