Implementing DB-Lib or CT-Lib

Post by Lee C. Robert » Fri, 15 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Has anybody implemented DB-Lib or CT-Lib for Sybase on a Linux Box?
I would like a PERL script to access a Sybase Server.

Any suggestions?

Lee C. Roberts

Implementing DB-Lib or CT-Lib

Post by Chris Haf » Sat, 16 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Has anybody implemented DB-Lib or CT-Lib for Sybase on a Linux Box?
>I would like a PERL script to access a Sybase Server.

Sybase ported ctlib to linux.  You can get it from:

ftp.sybase.com/pub/Linux

I have compiled the sample programs and my own as well using this.  It
works great!  There is no DB-Lib however.  I think the sybperl module
by Tom Poindexer requires DBLib.  If this is true, you are out of luck.

Chris Hafey

--

"One two buckle my shoe take care of me because I might be you"

Post by Cees de Gro » Sat, 16 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Has anybody implemented DB-Lib or CT-Lib for Sybase on a Linux Box?
>I would like a PERL script to access a Sybase Server.

AFAIR, Sybase has put out OpenClient for Linux (unsupported, beta,
disclaimer, but probably very usable). Check out their site.

--

OpenLink Software, Inc.

Implementing DB-Lib or CT-Lib

Post by Brian Wheel » Sat, 23 Mar 1996 04:00:00

        there is a CTlib module for perl5 by M. Peppler (I think).  It requires
Sybase's CTlib for linux to be installed.
        Brian Wheeler

says...