Problem trying to include <asm/io.h>

Post by Ed Hudso » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I am writing a kernel module which compiles with no problems.  When I
try to include <asm/io.h> I get hundreds of errors.  I am using Mandrake
7.0 with the stock kernel and source tree.  Do you have any
suggestions?  Text of the error messages follows.

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I -O0 -g3 -Wall -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DLINUX -c
cryptic.c
In file included from /usr/include/linux/fslh:270,
from /usr/include/linux/capability.h:13,
from /usr/include/linux/binfmts.h:5,
from /usr/include/linux/shed.h:8,
from /usr/include/linux/vmalloc.h:4;
from /usr/include/asm/io.h:102,
from cryptic:64:
/usr/include/linux/hpfs_fs_i:5 parse error before 'ino_t'

There are many more errors like this, but since Netscape and KDevelop
don't like to share cut and paste buffers, I will just include this for
now

Thanks for any input

Ed Hudson