HELP: Aztech CD-268A not recognized

Post by Stephan Tho » Wed, 18 Jan 1995 00:51:43

Can you help me with the following problem?

I bought an Aztech CD 268-A and tried to use it with
Linux 1.1.68 and the ALPHA Aztech driver.

When booting the kernel the driver says that the drive could
not be accessed.

Something like:
aztech-driver>> reset drive.
aztech-driver>> could not access drive

I used base address 0x320 (default value)
and 170 and irq 15, like the driver from the CD-ROM-Package
reported when using the drive with DOS (works fine)
(lilo: linux mcd=0xaa,15)

Is there any thing I forgot? (For german linuxers: I bought the
drive at ESCOM , nothing special with it)

The drive is connected via an adapter card that looks quite
similar to an at-bus hd-interface. The cable supplied is even
the same than ide (with 2 connectors)

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem

thanx in advance

Stephan Thoma, University of Karlsruhe

<
<I bought an Aztech CD 268-A and tried to use it with
<Linux 1.1.68 and the ALPHA Aztech driver.
<and 170 and irq 15, like the driver from the CD-ROM-Package
<reported when using the drive with DOS (works fine)

That port/irq is for IDE.. your cdrom must be a new IDE/ATAPI model,
which does not use the "proprietary interface" Aztech driver.

Instead, get linux kernel 1.1.81 and select the IDE driver for ATAPI
cdrom support.  Your drive will appear as /dev/hdc

--

1. Help: My cd-rom does not recognize audio cd

I am running solaris 2.4 x86 on Pentium 90 w/32 mb or RAM.  I just
downloaded and installed Workman cd player.  My cd-rom works fine with
regular cd's but when I put in Music cd, it gives this error message.

                 Error for command 'read(10)'  Error level:Fatal
             Requested Block 0, Error Block:0
             Sense Key: Blank Check
             Vendor 'Toshiba':
             ASC=0x64 (illegal mode for this track), ASCQ=0x0, FRU=0x0

I have Toshiba quad speed connected to Sound Blaster 16 scsi2 card.
Someone suggested that I disable volume manager.  So I tried running
workman with volume manager off.  Workman would rung but there is no
sound and gives the same error message in command tool window.

Thanks in advance.

2. HELP, /var was deleted !!!!!!

3. Help: My cd-rom does not recognize audio cd.

4. How to know user muilttasking or not?

5. Recognizing Aztech CD-ROM

6. Centre of competence for iproute2

7. Trust/Aztech sound card problem: MSS module not recognized

8. mitsumi CR-4802TE

9. Linux does not recognize Aztech CDA668-011 IDE CDROM

10. RH 5.0 / added CD-RW, ordinary CD not recognized

11. CD-ROM device recognized, but not the CD format

12. Help my Sony CDU75E cd rom is not recognize