Help needed with printk and klogd

Post by Sergio Murr » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I'm a newbye kernel module's writer.
I'm trying to have printk() messages directed to the console.
The kernel I use is the 2.2.14.

The printk(KERNEL_EMERG... ) prints on the console
The printk(KERNEL_ALERT... ) prints only in the /var/log/messages file

killing and restarting klogd with the -c option specifing 8 as the
console default level doesn't help.

Any suggestion?

Thank you in avance for your help.

1. klogd inside klogd

Hi,

I have got a problem:
I have build a very small and rudimentary initrd. I want
that no messages will appear while booting and the kernel
is inside the initrd state.

To achieve that i copied the binary klogd along with all
needed binaries inside the initrd, i ran ldconfig and put
the following line into my linuxrc:
klogd -f /dev/null -c 1

But the messages still appear. Any ideas where the problem
is?

thanks in advance,
-timo

--
gpg key fingerprint = 6832 C8EC D823 4059 0CD1  6FBF 9383 7DBD 109E 98DC

2. ANNOUNCE: xpdf - a PDF viewer for X

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. help with RAS

5. Problem with klogd and redhat 6.1 - help

6. LILO with NT on IDE drives

7. Syslogd and Klogd help...plz :-)

8. printk() assistance needed

9. HELP: syslogd/klogd write on console

10. klogd, syslogd, and top question, help?

11. help with printk

12. Help : Device Driver : Why I can't do printk from xxx_init !!