HELP : need help on how to connect a win98 box to a linux machine

HELP : need help on how to connect a win98 box to a linux machine

Post by ckho » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

how do i make a client-sever connection frm win98(notebook) to linux(pc).
i have a nc, and a utp cat5 (cross cable) that's all.
The question here is do i really need a hub to do the job????
i think the cross cable should be fine.
and the next part is how do i configure linux to accept connection frm
win98

the thing i'm going to do here is, I want access apache web server
in my linux from the win box and also share files in between those 2 machine

any help would be great, thanks in advance

ckho

1. HELP : need info on how to connect a win98 box to a linux machine

how do i make a client-sever connection frm win98(notebook) to linux(pc).
i have a nc, and a utp cat5 (cross cable) that's all.
The question here is do i really need a hub to do the job????
i think the cross cable should be fine.
and the next part is how do i configure linux to accept connection frm
win98

the thing i'm going to do here is, I want access apache web server
in my linux from the win box and also share files in between those 2 machine

any help would be great, thanks in advance

ckho

2. FREE Web Server Vulnerability Scanner

3. Win98 Machine Connected Via Modem, Linux Needs Connection..help!!!!

4. Hardware Support

5. Can I connect to a database in a Linux box from a Win98 machine?

6. Problems with compiling Wu-FTP

7. Please Help: Linux box won't ping Win98 box!

8. Performance of Web Server + Servlet Combination?

9. Win98 box dialing up a Linux box that is connected to Cablemodem

10. Networking Win98 box & Linux box (help)

11. Need help suse linux connecting from internet to my linux machine

12. how to connect a linux machine with a win98 machine?

13. HELP: How to connect Linux box to IPX box?