Help me! A kernel memory question.

Post by Luo Chuanz » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 22:09:30

I'm writing a program running in kernel space.
First,I must use more than 600M continuous memory
in my program.Second,These memory must be in continuous
physics address(not virtual addrss).
   I try to modify kernel source,however,I'm lost.
Who can tell me how to mend it?
 (My machine's CPU is P4,8G memory.)
   Who can tell me how to get it?

Post by Joshua Jone » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 22:55:38

> I'm writing a program running in kernel space.
> First,I must use more than 600M continuous memory
> in my program.Second,These memory must be in continuous
> physics address(not virtual addrss).
>    I try to modify kernel source,however,I'm lost.
> Who can tell me how to mend it?
>  (My machine's CPU is P4,8G memory.)
>    Who can tell me how to get it?

Please don't post the same question twice .. we saw it the first time.

What kind of program is this?  Why do you need that much memory in
kernel space?

--
 Joshua Jones
 josh(at)homemail.com  |  jonesjos(at)us.ibm.com