Create bootable Linux CD

Post by Joerg Schneide » Wed, 15 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> So, I would like to know if anybody has any experience in booting
> linux from CD.

The debian distribution has a bootable cd which you can use as a
rescue disk. If you want to create your own, then have a look at the
debian-cd_0.1.4.deb package (or newer if available). It contains a set
of scripts that is used to create the debian cd set.

--

1. Creating bootable linux cd from install tree

I am trying to create a bootabe linux 7.2 cd from the install tree I
downloaded from a redhat mirror. I have succesfully created an iso
image using mkisofs but it is way too big to burn onto one cd. Can
anyone tell me how to split the install tree into 2 or more images
that I can burn onto seperate cd's and still keep them bootable?

I know it would be easier to just download the iso images for disk1
and 2 from redhat but I want to be able make the iso images myself so
that I can customize it.

2. Environ block on Sparc Solaris?

3. CD-R devices and creating bootable cds

4. Atomic Increment

5. Creating a linux-bootable CD on a NT System?

6. 2.5.4[3-5] usb problems

7. Q: Create a bootable Linux-CD

8. UnixWare : a piece of junk or a piece of paradise ?

9. how to create a bootable CD

10. creating a bootable redhat install CD

11. How do I create a bootable CD-R for Sun,Ultra-4 ?

12. How to create a bootable CD with the install floopy disk image(s)?

13. Create Bootable RH 5.2 CD?