1. callback-2.00 restricted modem access and callback
I just uploaded callback-2.00.tar.gz to the following ftp-sites:
ftp.icce.rug.nl - the pub/unix directory
sunsite.unc.edu - to appear in ./system/Serial
tsx-11.mit.edu - to appear in ./sources/usr.bin/Communications
Previous versions of callback (1.21) and of our dial-in-monitor (dim, 1.03)
are now considered obsolete, and are no longer supported by us.
The callback package (originally developed by Karel Kubat) allows you to
implement restricted modem-access and callback to and from your Linux-box.
For some of us this results in an acceptable phone-bill: the employer pays the
phone connection, and gets (in return) you to work until late at night from
your computer at home.
Apart from this down-to-earth argument, callback also improves security:
although there is a modem, only 'trusted' people can use it, since they're
being called back.
Compared to previous versions (up to 1.21) callback now offers extra features:
- multiple modems are supported,
- both callback and dial-in control are supported (thus making another
program of ours, dim (1.03), obsolete),
- almost everything is runtime configurable,
- users may be given selected access to callback-destinations,
- the documentation is more extensive (and hopefully: improved)
Questions/comment regarding callback 2.00 should be directed to:
Frank B. Brokken
Phone: (+31) 50 63 36 88 (mo-fr, 9:00-17:00 MET, DST if active)
(+31) 59 03 22 23 (otherwise, until Oct. 9, 1995)
(+31) 50 403 2223 (starting Oct. 10, 1995).
PLEASE remember Keywords: and a short description of the software.
2. New or Revised TAs on websco, 960329
3. OHMYGOD! set_multicast_list()!!
4. Linux Database Question
5. modem problem "callback"
6. RedHat 6.2 intall trouble
7. Serial Driver/Callback Problems
8. HP 680 c setup
9. pppd problem under 2.0.25 with callback
10. RAS callback problem
11. ppp-2.3.4 doesn't solve callback problems
12. ms-chap + callback connection to NT with pppd problem
13. Problems with ppp-2.3.1 and CBCP (callback)