Kernel 0.02+0.03 source anywhere ?

Post by Michael Eng » Sat, 30 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

ftpsearch and archie showed no results on my query of linux-0.02 and -0.03.
Finding 0.01 as well as 0.10 and up is trivial, but 0.02 and 0.03 seem to
have vanished ...

Does anyone keep a collection of _very_ old kernel sources ?
Any other information on these very early Linux developments (that are not
available on the net) are also _very_ welcome. Is there perhaps an archive
of the postings re. Linux in comp.os.minix from '91 and '92 ?

If you wonder what I actually want with such an old kernel: I'm doing an
analysis of Linux' code size and feature development for our operating
systems course here at Siegen University. Prof. Freisleben has gratiously (sp?)
allowed to spend one or two lessons exclusively on Linux, perhaps
even more.  So we will also have the time to go into some details of
current Linux kernels, like dissecting the scheduler :-) and take a look
into VFS or virtual memory management and probably presenting a tiny device

regards,

PS: Of course, I can probably not resist to installing it on a 386 here :-).
    Bootimage-0.11 was the earliest complete image I found...

Kernel 0.02+0.03 source anywhere ?

Post by Harald H Hanneli » Sat, 30 Nov 1996 04:00:00

for that purpose...

Mauritzgatan 14D41 | www.sit.fi/~harald   | Pho +35892783568
00170 HKI FINLAND  | elisabeth.elixir.org | Fax +35892783568

Kernel 0.02+0.03 source anywhere ?

Post by Michael Eng » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

: for that purpose...

Well, I didn't want to bother Linus with that ... but you're right, he
most likely has these old kernels around :-).

regards,