where to download "AT&T System V/386 assembler syntax manual"

where to download "AT&T System V/386 assembler syntax manual"

Post by Zhu Limi » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:31:49

Now I read some programs for linux which using AT&T System V/386
assembler syntax (not gcc inline assemble).

I want to know where can I download something like "AT&T System V/386
assembler syntax manual"

thanks

Zhu Liming

Post by Eric Taylo » Wed, 13 Jun 2001 00:30:48

> Now I read some programs for linux which using AT&T System V/386
> assembler syntax (not gcc inline assemble).

> I want to know where can I download something like "AT&T System V/386
> assembler syntax manual"

> thanks

> Zhu Liming

I second this motion, but I would also like to see a manual that
describes the assembly language that the GDB de* users
with the disassemble command. In particular, I am looking for a
description of the intel operands, some seem quite complex. I have
the intel pdf's but they only describe the machine language, not
how an assembler, like gdb would represent them.

eric

Post by cLIeNUX us » Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:04:51

>> Now I read some programs for linux which using AT&T System V/386
>> assembler syntax (not gcc inline assemble).

>> I want to know where can I download something like "AT&T System V/386
>> assembler syntax manual"

>> thanks

>> Zhu Liming

>I second this motion, but I would also like to see a manual that
>describes the assembly language that the GDB de* users
>with the disassemble command. In particular, I am looking for a
>description of the intel operands, some seem quite complex. I have
>the intel pdf's but they only describe the machine language, not
>how an assembler, like gdb would represent them.

>eric

What's wrong with the GNU as docs? as.info#

Rick Hohensee