Panasonic big-5 cdrom changer - any luck?

Panasonic big-5 cdrom changer - any luck?

Post by RJ McNama » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone had a positive experience with the panasonic big-5 cdrom
changer?  Under 2.0.29 it would fail to change slots when
sent a CDROM_SELECT_DISC ioctl, but I could send it a CDROMEJECT
followed by a CDROM_SELECT_DISC and it would open up, then close,
and would _then_ switch to the requested disc.

I installed 2.1.29 in hopes of getting improved behaviour with this
thing, but now _nothing_ I send it will cause it to switch
disks.  (the rest of the ioctl() calls still work).

FYI, its _supposed_ to switch disks while remaining closed.

Thanks.

   -Rob

--
RJ Mc Namara

--
RJ McNamara

1. 6 CDROM changer (Panasonic) won't mount

I can't get my Panansonic 6 CDROM changer to mount any of the CDROM's.

Using: mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/scd0 /cdrom  either gets me a 'not a
mount point error' or if it does try to mount it my message file
produces this:

Dec 31 22:17:28 homegate kernel: Device not ready.  Make sure there is
a disc in the drive.
Dec 31 22:17:28 homegate kernel: VFS: Disk change detected on device
11/1
Dec 31 22:17:28 homegate kernel: fdomain: REQUEST SENSE Key = 2, Code
= 3a, Qualifier = 0
Dec 31 22:17:28 homegate last message repeated 3 times

And there is a disk in there.

[Posted & Emailed]

Mark Moran

2. how to boot in graphics mode...

3. Panasonic 10X 5 CD Changer

4. help binding a process to a tty

5. Panasonic SQ-TC510N IDE CD-ROM Changer Possible

6. ipnat !!

7. Panasonic IDE CD changer, experiences?

8. probs with X 1.3?

9. Help! No luck w/ Mitsumi ATAPI CDROM

10. CDROM changer recommendation?

11. NEC CDR-4300 Multi-platter CDROM Changer

12. Poneer 602 CDROM changer

13. NEC IDE CDROM changer and IDESCSI?