/proc file table overflow

Post by Robert Shingledeck » Sun, 19 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I am currently running 1.2.8.  After about 10 hours of continuous use the
system halts with

    /proc file table overflow

How does one "tune" the kernel to increase this file table.  The only
info I have found is the explanation of the purpose for this "file".
My system has 64MB of memory, so memory is not the problem.  I am running
alot of very small processes.

Robert Shingledecker

1. /proc file table overflow

My 1.2.8 system is halting with the following error message:

  /proc file table overflow

Is there a start-up parameter to increase the size of the file table?
How do you "tune" the kernel to allow for a larger file table for /proc?
Do I have to edit a header file and re-compile a kernel?  I have 64MB
of memory and am running numerous small jobs.  Does anyone know the default
size of the /proc file table?

TIA
Robert Shingledecker

2. Kde 3.0 setup

3. /proc:File table overflow.

4. mallinfo()

5. Proc table and file table

6. fs/binfmt_aout.c: Use PAGE_ALIGN_LL() on 64-bit values

7. file table overflow w/99.{8|9}

8. Intelligent Architectures Design Technique

9. File table overflow on mv

10. File table overflow

11. File Table Overflow???

12. file table overflow