Max threads, processes, file descriptors, etc ...

Max threads, processes, file descriptors, etc ...

Post by Gerald Gutierre » Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi all.

I remember some time back there was a discussion regarding how to
change the maximum user & system wide number of threads, processes and
file descriptors, amongst other things.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find such information?

Thanks.

Post by Marc Mut » Mon, 05 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hi all.

> I remember some time back there was a discussion regarding how to
> change the maximum user & system wide number of threads, processes and
> file descriptors, amongst other things.

> Does anyone know where I might be able to find such information?

Check include/limits.h or such (grep for NR_OPEN in include and
subdirs).

Marc

--

University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS), 0x31748570 (DH)

Post by Alexander Kuznetso » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I remember some time back there was a discussion regarding how to
> change the maximum user & system wide number of threads, processes and
> file descriptors, amongst other things.

> Does anyone know where I might be able to find such information?

Go stright to /usr/src/linux/include/linux/limits.h

--
Alexander Kusnetsov,

Max threads, processes, file descriptors, etc ...

Post by Matthew Carl Schumake » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

If you want to change the number of proccesses/threads you have to got
tasks.h in the same directory

Matthew Carl Schumaker
UPAC Lights Administrative Chairperson

veni, vedi, velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

> > I remember some time back there was a discussion regarding how to
> > change the maximum user & system wide number of threads, processes and
> > file descriptors, amongst other things.

> > Does anyone know where I might be able to find such information?

> Go stright to /usr/src/linux/include/linux/limits.h

1. max file descriptor number per process in solaris2.7

Hi,
    I am developing a network applicaiton
under Sun workstation solaris 2.7, and the
max number of the file descriptors per process
is limited to 60, but i need to increase this
number to 20000, do some gurus here could give
me some hints or help?? I am very urgent...
Thanks!!

2. Anybody near Los Angeles?

3. max file descriptors per process

4. Sidewinder Game Pad and Linux

5. Max # of sockets and file descriptors per process

6. Tcp connect timeout

7. open files/per-process file descriptor

8. Models and Reference Models: Fact or Fiction?

9. Getting max threads/process programatically in AIX?

10. Max number of Process and Threads

11. Max. threads in process (Redhat 6.2)

12. Max threads per process

13. max number of threads per JVM process in AIX