EPSON Stylus Color 400 Drivers

Post by Pipege » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi.  I am new to this group, and to Linux.  I am lowest of the low, vilest of
the vile- worst than a script kiddie- I actually use Windows 98 (shoot me
please).  I am intent on getting rid of it, but I know very little about Linux
(read: nothing).  I intend to take courses, but that can't do everything.  But,
needless to say, I am in no shape to write drivers for my printer.  Has anyone
else?  This is, as written in the subject, an EPSON Stylus Color 400, connected
to a parallel port.  I intend on buying Corel Linux (for simplicity's sake),
and can't find any mention of my printer in their "supported hardware" Acrobat
file.  So if anyone could give me a hand, any help would be appreciated.

PTR
======================
"I love California.  I practically grew up in Phoenix." -Dan Quayle
Protect privacy, boycott Intel: http://www.bigbrotherinside.org

ICQ: 53338265
==============

EPSON Stylus Color 400 Drivers

Post by Robie Bas » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

On 25 Apr 2000 15:40:22 GMT, Pipegeek said:

Quote:>[reformatted]

>Hi.  I am new to this group, and to Linux.  I am lowest of the low,
>vilest of the vile- worst than a script kiddie- I actually use
>Windows 98 (shoot me please).  I am intent on getting rid of it, but
>I know very little about Linux (read: nothing).  I intend to take
>courses, but that can't do everything.  But,

Well, as long as your switching... :-)

Quote:>needless to say, I am in no shape to write drivers for my printer.
>Has anyone

Don't worry, you don't have to.

Quote:>else?  This is, as written in the subject, an EPSON Stylus Color 400,
>connected to a parallel port.  I intend on buying Corel Linux (for
>simplicity's sake), and can't find any mention of my printer in their
>"supported hardware" Acrobat file.  So if anyone could give me a
>hand, any help would be appreciated.

I know nothing about Corel; but ghostscript, which is the standard for
printing to non-postscript printers, does have an Epson Stylus Colour
driver; it works fine with my 740.

Robie.
--

Post by bill davids » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

| Hi.  I am new to this group, and to Linux.  I am lowest of the low, vilest of
| the vile- worst than a script kiddie- I actually use Windows 98 (shoot me
| please).  I am intent on getting rid of it, but I know very little about Linux
| (read: nothing).  I intend to take courses, but that can't do everything.  But,
| needless to say, I am in no shape to write drivers for my printer.  Has anyone
| else?  This is, as written in the subject, an EPSON Stylus Color 400, connected
| to a parallel port.  I intend on buying Corel Linux (for simplicity's sake),
| and can't find any mention of my printer in their "supported hardware" Acrobat
| file.  So if anyone could give me a hand, any help would be appreciated.

  What do you mean by "supported" here? If you send data to the printer
with the lpr command it will go. If you want support for Postscript it's
in the package, although probably not enabled by default.

  Not an issue, at worst you have to post another question about how to
set up the Postscript filter. Of course if you have programs which
generate output for other printers you are on your own, just as you are
in Win9x with a program which generates non-portable code.

--

  "Doing interesting things with little computers since 1979"(tm)
The hardest test of maturity is knowing the difference between