Getting linux to run on new hardware, help please.

Getting linux to run on new hardware, help please.

Post by cvill.. » Wed, 17 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello all,
  I have a motorola 68ez328 board that I'm trying to get linux to run
on.  I bought the uclinux distribution for the 68ez328.  My problem is
that the distribution compiles in a lot of things I don't need, like
networking, etc.  I just want a minimum set of linux to run on the
board, like tasks, memory management, and the serial port.  Can anyone
get me started on how to stip out the stuff I don't need, or how
to "port" the linux to my board.  I have searched the web for anything
on porting linux to no avail.

Thanks in advance,
  Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Getting linux to run on new hardware, help please.

Hello all,
  I have a motorola 68ez328 board that I'm trying to get linux to run
on.  I bought the uclinux distribution for the 68ez328.  My problem is
that the distribution compiles in a lot of things I don't need, like
networking, etc.  I just want a minimum set of linux to run on the
board, like tasks, memory management, and the serial port.  Can anyone
get me started on how to stip out the stuff I don't need, or how
to "port" the linux to my board.  I have searched the web for anything
on porting linux to no avail.

Thanks in advance,
  Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. sendmail system load

3. Please help with new Linux box hardware question.

4. Red Hat 3.0.3 -- please help :<

5. Getting X11R4 for Linux (to run ancient application) Help Please!

6. Compiling problem

7. getting rshd to run in Linux. please help

8. tip for linux?

9. Need advice on new Linux/*BSD-compatible hardware (and Linux Hardware Database is gone)

10. New Hardware Problem Help Please!

11. Uanble to boot with LINUX boot disk - new user - help help help, PLEASE !!

12. Running nroff from vi and getting errors - please help

13. Getting Java SDK 1.3.1 running under FreeBSD - please help