Development site/space needed. Not your typical spam =)

Development site/space needed. Not your typical spam =)

Post by Machiavel » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

   Yes, this is a request for a site. =)

   I am looking for some type of site to work on mud development
only. The maximum number of people logged in at any time will be
2-3 people. There will only be three people total with wizard
access. Development will require very little resources, as the
mud can reboot as often as needed. Only one person will need shell
access, and this shell access can be as limited as the provider
desires.

   The theme of the mud will be pure high fantasy, PK allowed
(though PK will be discouraged, as it will not be designed for PK).
It will have a very advanced guild system, a level and skill based
advancement system, tons of optional quests, and a wide variety of
role playing enhancements (clan system, kingdom/nobility system,
player owned businesses, player run governments, numerous games
within the mud, etc).

   The site will only be needed for a few months, at which point
I will be buying a system dedicated to the mud, and connecting it
to a local internet provider. If someone provides a site, I would
be happy to give them a coder or admin position on both the development
and later permanent mud. Or if they prefer, as many player accounts
as they desire.

   It will be an LPmud, using the MudOS driver, and a custom mudlib.
I have extensive experience as mud administrator, mudlib coder,
etc, etc. If you have a site and are interested, I can provide further
information/details about my experience and/or the type of features
the mud will have, or already has. If you can provide a site, I can
also provide my RL resume, address, phone number, etc. if you need
assurance that everything is on the up and up.

   Thanks for your consideration, and I hope to hear from someone =)

                Machiavelli

1. Development site/space needed for MUD. Worth reading =)

[...]

2. struct inode_operations question

3. spam spam spam spam

4. can't map '/lib/libc.so.5.3.12' --> trouble?

5. Need development site for MUD. Experienced, not usual spam =)

6. Ethernet adapter in promiscuous mode on switched ethernet?

7. Development Site needed. Please read and consider! =)

8. Apache eating 99% of swap space

9. Fairly typical newbie question: How much disk space?

10. Full GNU C development suite w/out SCO development system (Not)

11. Bulk email sender (not (NOT!!!) spam) recommendations?

12. remote login problem (not typical?)

13. RH8: Not your typical text vs. graphic login question