how to open dynamically a web browser ?

Post by ZBou » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:53:42

Hi all,

I'm developping a cross platform application,
and I do encounter some problem under Linux, using KDE environment.
Actually, I need to display several html pages (containing advanced controls
flash...).
Those pages have to be open from my application.
So how can I do that ?
In fact, I would like the html pages to be displayed in the same web-browser
window !

By tha way, I'm using Qt library 3.1.2, it provides features to display html
pages, but it's limitted and advanced
pages are badly displayed and advanced controls quiet not supported.

Thanks to help me,

Karim

how to open dynamically a web browser ?

Post by Sybren Stuve » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:05:20

ZBoub enlightened us with:

Quote:> I'm developping a cross platform application,

That means you shouldn't crosspost to the "system" group.

Quote:> and I do encounter some problem under Linux, using KDE environment.
> Actually, I need to display several html pages (containing advanced
> controls flash...).

Since you're writing for KDE, you might as well use the KHTML object to
render HTML pages inside your app.

Quote:> In fact, I would like the html pages to be displayed in the same
> web-browser window !

That's heavily browser-dependent, if you want to do it in a browser.

Quote:> By tha way, I'm using Qt library 3.1.2, it provides features to
> display html pages, but it's limitted and advanced pages are badly
> displayed and advanced controls quiet not supported.

Use the KHTML object, it works like a charm. If your page is still
crippled, you're writing bad HTML. Check your HTML at
http://validator.w3.org/

Sybren